Egypt Visa Information
Getting a Visa for travel to Egypt doesn't need to be hard - there are a number of options for getting your visa.
Visitors to Egypt from Virtually every country need a Travel Visa (exceptions are Malta, South Africa, Zimbabwe)
- Visas can be purchased in advance directly from the Egyptian Embassy in your country (or a country you visit before Egypt).
- Visitors from US, Canada, EU and GCC may be able to purchase a visa upon entry if they arrive at a major airport and are traveling as a tourist - check with your local Embassy to make sure
- The easiest (and often fastest) way to arrange an Egyptian Visa is to use a service. The service can hand carry your visa application to the Embassy during business hours, have it processed, and return it to you by Federal Express
- You will generally need to provide a passport, proof of departure, (a copy of your round trip air ticket) one passport photo, and a completed visa application
- Make sure your visa extends long enough that you'll plan to leave the country one week before it expires.
- If you're arranging your visa way in advance, you'll need to understand when the visa expires.
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!