Rome Vacation Apartment Rental
Renting a villa in the countryside or an apartment in one of the major cities can be a great alternative to staying in a hotel. A rental is a good choice if:
- you're interested in staying in a more residential area to get a flavor of life in Italy
- you're traveling with a group or family and will need more than one room
- you enjoy having a kitchen to prepare meals using local ingredients
- weekly maid service is sufficient
- you are planning on an extended stay and want to save money
There are many different property rental agencies. In some cases the vacation rentals are private residences where the owners will vacate their apartment while you visit. In other cases, they are units designed for rental that are rented year round. Here are some questions to ask when choosing a rental apartment
- exactly where is the villa located. How close is it to the nearest train station?
- is transport from the train station or airport to the property included?
- how much deposit is required, and what is the refund policy if you need to cancel?
- is the deposit paid by cash or credit card?
- what is included in the rental fee? many rental agencies charge extra for electricity, telephone, and internet service
- how often is the apartment cleaned, and what is included in the cleaning?
- are any other services included? Some villa rentals include a chef
- what appliances are included? is there a microwave? stove? oven? clothes washer?
- how many people can the apartment accommodate? How many bedrooms/bathrooms?
- what other amenities are included? (for instance, is there a pool?)
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!