Thailand Cooking School
There are a number of different cooking schools in Thailand. The cooking schools in Bangkok tend to be fancier, and more expensive while cooking schools in Chiang Mai tend to be less expensive and more accessible to both backpackers and people on higher end tours. You can take a class that lasts as little as a few hours or as long as a few weeks!
You'll get the opportunity to learn from a local about Thai cuisine and ingredients, possibly go on a market tour, and learn how to prepare a few special dishes. Some schools will also send you home with a cookbook, but you'll at least leave with written recipes for everything you made. In choosing the perfect school for you, here are some questions to ask:
- What is the size of the class?
- Do I get to cook myself, or will the class be a demonstration?
- If I cook myself, do I have my own burner and work area, or will I share?
- What is the environment where I will be cooking like?
- What is the cost?
- How long is the class?
- How will I get to the class location?
- What will we be cooking?
- Will we do a market tour? What ingredients will we focus on.
- If the class includes a walking tour, how long will I be walking, and who will we visit?
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!