Southern California Amusement Parks
A trip to visit the amusement parks in Southern California is an unforgettable adventure. Whether you're interested in roller coasters, immersive theme rides, or letting your kids meet their favorite cartoon characters, each park has something for everyone.
- Universal Studios
- Knott's Berry Farm located about 50 miles south of Los Angeles features traditional roller coasters (including a huge wooden rollercoaster) and the whole Snoopy Gang. Knott's Scary Farm in October is a don't miss adventure.
- Six Flags Magic Mountain is the big roller coaster venue in the Los Angeles area. Featuring Warner Brother's characters, this is the park to visit if you're a fan of thrill rides, but activities and rides are available for all ages.
Amusement parks near San Diego:
- Sea World
- San Diego Zoo
- San Diego Wild Animal Park
- Legoland is an exciting destination for young children. Kids are awed by the huge and intricate lego sculptures. But those famous sculptures are only the beginning of the fun... there are also rides, musical fountains, driving school and more. Plan Ahead! Discount tickets are often available on-line & you won't have to wait in line to buy a ticket at the park.
- Balboa Park is one of the nicest public spaces in Southern California. The huge park provides a hub for local museums and attractions as well as gardens, bike trails, and recreational facilities. During the summer there are evening music concerts. Other favorite attractions include: the Rose Garden, the Kids museum, the San Diego Zoo, and the San Diego Museum of Art
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!