Located in Anaheim California, about an hour south of Las Angeles, Disneyland Resort is the Grand Dame of Theme Parks. Whether you are a kid, have kids, or are an adult who just wants to have fun, a day at Disneyland is a great place to get away from the routine of your daily life.
Disneyland has several parks - each can be visited separately:
Disneyland is the Jewel in Disney's Southern California crown. This is the place to see all your favorite characters, ride classic rides like Space Mountain, and journey through a vision of what tomorrow could be like that's as telling about Americana as it is about the future. Don't miss the parade and fireworks display at night & stop in for a dole pineapple stick near the tiki hut (the best pineapple I've had outside of Hawaii)
- Plan Ahead! Discount tickets are often available on-line & you won't have to wait in line to buy a ticket at the park.
- During the spring and summer months, the park is open from 10am to 10pm, in the winter it closes earlier, but it's also less crowded.
- Arrive early for best parking.
- Bring a light jacket - even if it's hot during the day it can get chilly in the evening
- Foggy days can end up being very hot after the fog burns off - dress in layers (and while talking wardrobe... be sure to wear comfortable shoes)
Disney's California Adventure
Disney's newest theme park, this is the place to ride the very latest rides. The park replicates highlights of the state in a 55 acre park. During the spring and summer, the park is open from 10pm to 9am most days. Hours are resuced in the winter, but the park is also less crowded. As with Disneyland, you can expect fun for all ages including rides, shows, food and more.
Downtown Disney is an outdoor shopping and entertainment area for all ages. Expect to find restaurants, shops, and family entertainment at venues like the House of Blues and an AMC movie theatre. No admission charge.
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!