San Diego Zoo
One of the leading zoos in the country, the San Diego Zoo is a treat, especially if you want to see and learn about animals in close to their natural habitats.
- The majestic Indochinese Tigers (Awang Relak and Mek Degong) are beautiful to watch, and you'll learn more about these endangered animals and what can be done to help.
- Baby animals are always a huge hit & nobody should miss the baby elephant or the baby panda (hard to spot in the trees, but worth the effort)
- The Gorilla Habitat is a huge natural enclosure with glass walls where you can see the gorillas up close as they lounge, eat, and play.
- The snake enclosure has a wonderful variety of different snakes
- The Wild Animal Park (run by the San Diego Zoo) is another wonderful attraction for animal lovers.
- Plan Ahead! Discount tickets are often available on-line & you won't have to wait in line to buy a ticket at the park.
- Group discounts may be available for large parties
- Park Hours change seasonally. Call to check hours for the day of your visit. 619-718-3000 (Phone)
- Parking is Free!
- Bring a light jacket - even if it's hot during the day it can get chilly in the evening
- Foggy days can end up being very hot after the fog burns off - dress in layers (and while talking wardrobe... be sure to wear comfortable shoes)
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!