Sea World, San Diego California
SeaWorld is a wonderful theme park for adults and kids of all ages - and especially for people who love animals and the ocean. The park does a marvelous job of combining traditional theme park attractions, like exciting rides, with hands on opportunities to interact with and learn about the animals. You'll come away feeling like you've learned a lot in addition to having a fun day in the sun.
Sea World has locations in San Diego California, Orlando Florida, and San Antonio Texas.
Wild arctic is a unique opportunity to walk through a simulated arctic environment and see animals in their natural environment. There's also a water ride for older kids and adults (it's not as tame as it looks) Height requirement is 4'2"
Penguin Encounter is a 120 foot moving walkway that lets you see literally hundreds of penguins playing in a snow filled penguin habitat. Kids especially love this - so don't miss it.
Shark Encounter is your chance to come face to face with a shark and live to tell the tale. From the safety of a walk-through acrylic tube running through the shark habitat you'll be able to see these majestic creatures up close and learn about the different types of sharks
- Plan Ahead! Discount tickets are often available on-line & you won't have to wait in line to buy a ticket at the park.
- Group discounts may be available for large parties
- Park Hours change frequently. Call to check hours for the day of your visit. Phone: 800-SEAWORLD
- The park is less crowded during the winter than the summer and weekdays are better than weekends
- Arrive early for best parking.
- Bring a light jacket - even if it's hot during the day it can get chilly in the evening
- Foggy days can end up being very hot after the fog burns off - dress in layers (and while talking wardrobe... be sure to wear comfortable shoes)
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!