San Francisco Vacation
An apartment or house rental in San Francisco can be a great alternative to staying in a hotel. A holiday rental is a good choice if:
- you're traveling with a group or family and will need more than one room
- you enjoy having a kitchenette to prepare meals
- weekly maid service is sufficient
- you are planning on an extended stay and want to save money
- you are interested in a residential or downtown neighborhood
There are many different rental agencies. In some cases the apartments are private residences where the owners will vacate their apartment while you visit. In other cases, they are units designed for rental that are rented year round. Here are some questions to ask when choosing a rental apartment.
- exactly where is the vacation rental located. How close is it to restaurants and grocery stores?
- is the rental professionally managed, or are you renting directly from the owner
- how much deposit is required, and what is the refund policy if you need to cancel?
- is the deposit paid by cash or credit card?
- what is included in the rental fee? many rental agencies charge extra for electricity, telephone, and internet service
- how often is the apartment cleaned, and what is included in the cleaning?
- what appliances are included? is there a microwave? stove? oven? clothes washer?
- how many people can the apartment accommodate? How many bedrooms/bathrooms?
- is there a pool and is it heated
Check out our California Wine Country Guide
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!