A Luau is one of the high points of many people's Hawaiian vacation. You can expect to eat a buffet dinner with some local specialties & some more standard fare, have entertainment that usually includes Polynesian dancing, and possibly watch and learn about some traditional crafts.
You'll want to book ahead as the best Luaus sell out, especially during high season and seating is usually assigned when you book your tickets.
Here are some questions to ask when choosing a luau:
- Are children welcome? What age children will most enjoy the show?
- What food will be served (you will want to try a traditionally prepared kalua pig)
- What is the schedule?
- How many drinks are included? Is there an open bar?
- How long does the entertainment last? Is there anything that this Luau is particularly famous for?
- Where will the luau be held? Is it outdoors? Is the setting pretty?
- What happens if it rains?
- What tips are included?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- How is seating assigned?
Questions and Answers
Like our off-the- beaten path tips? Get even more ideas in a handy printable format you can take with you on your trip! Click here to buy our guides!